- The ABCs of ERP Written on Saturday, 22 August 2015 00:00
The Inbox of Shomaran is a powerful and efficient tool to perform office affairs related to the secretariat and communications cycle as well as all operational processes and monitoring workflows in the organization, so that all activities such as letter arrival and record, referrals, transcripts, letters history , forms, operations circulations, etc. are recorded and controlled by the system. In other words, various side facilities of the Shomaran Inbox enable users and administrators to perform and follow up all ongoing operations of the organization using this system without the need for other software. among the prominent features of this software, it can be pointed to the communication between Inbox and Form Builder as well as Workflow Engine. It should be noted that the Inbox of Shomaran System, beyond the intelligent infrastructure development of the Shomaran ERP is considered to be an automation software.
The term "Workflo Engine" refers to the operational aspect of a work procedure such as structuring different work sectors, determining people who are supposed to perform tasks, specifying the order of tasks and handling their synchronization, and determining the flow of information to support, following up and tracking the works. Any workflow has an executive process divided into different parts which are allocated to specific people to be performed. Actually, in an organization, each task consists of some smaller tasks which are usually carried out by different people. Each task is performed through a specific executive process. The main purpose of designing the Shomaran Workflow tool is to manage workflows of the organization according to the following stages:
• Assign duties to selected persons
• Management of the time interval between the sending a task (after being performed by an employee) and the arrival of that task to the next relevant person.
To achieve the above goals, it is firstly needed to precisely examine the implementation of processes in the organization and then plot the workflow diagrams. Accordingly, the data flow diagrams of the organization, considering the existing information flow and processes taking place in the organization, are designed and revised and then the large processes are broken into smaller and more detailed ones. In many cases, it is possible to make fundamental changes to the workflows of the organization and improve the effectiveness and speed of performing tasks through eliminating or adding some works to the workflow.
The Shomaran Form Builder is a tool used to design organizational forms. Some of features provided by this tool are as follows:
• Designing types of organizational forms by Admin of the system
• Providing a complete set of design tools
• Defining specific characteristics of a form (size, shape, title, etc.)
• Characterizing display fields (type of fields, input data formats, field writing, etc.)
• Applying access level for information input in the designed forms
• Designing a separate workflow for each form by Designer Workflow and the organizational chart.
• Determining the dependence between fields of a form
• Making changes after design and flow of information
• Temporary exit from Work Flow and return to it when it is needed to use another routine for letter or form circulation in terms of organizational chart
• Determining the size and location of each field by Admin of the system
• The possibility of forms circulation in the Inbox
Report Generator is a powerful tool to generate various reports in the system and provides users and managers with many features to produce dynamic and parametric reports. The Shomaran Report Generator enables users and managers to access spot information of the organization in the shortest time possible. Some features of this tool are as follows:
• Group or individual settings of features related to the selected fields in reports
• The possibility of selecting, sorting, grouping, and setting the conditions and statistical information based on the all available fields
• Communicating with other software and selecting report fields from different parts of the software
• Definition of formulated fields
• Saving reports as Word, Excel, etc. files
• Printing the report
• Providing statistical reporting in the form of cubic data
• Plotting charts for defined reports
• Graphically generating, storing, retrieving, and editing workflows and business processes
• Defining the content formats for documents, records, and forms in the workflow
• Defining decision-making conditions at different stages of the workflow and process
• Designing and implementing the processes of the organization in different parts of the workflow and process
• Communicating with different databases and making decision according to their information while working with workflows and processes or sending and receiving information through different SOA services
Each ERP system has several horizontal services and some vertical modules which can be enumerated as follows:
• Finance: all systems and facilities related to financial affairs including Accounting, Budget and Finance, Receipts and Payments, Cost Price, Warehouse Accounting, Project Accounting, Properties, etc.
• Human Resources: all systems and facilities related to the management of human resources affairs of the organization including staff information, judgments, payroll, leave, mission, insurance, welfare, loan, retirement, etc.
• Support: all systems and facilities used for procurement of requirements in the organization such as commodity and warehouse management, purchasing and procurement, tenders and auctions, transportation, etc.
• Customer Relationship Management: all systems and facilities used to provide more and better services to customers including sales, marketing, call center, bills, etc.